26 November 2011

The last ten movies I watched

1) Black Hole (1979) - I found the soundtrack LP to this movie in a thrift store maybe a year ago.  John Barry is the composer.  Space music is always nice.  I had some drinks while watching this which helped a bit with the movie.  The late seventies special effects are what you'd expect.  I rate this movie a "Strong Meh".

2) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - Seen bits and pieces of this over the years, never the whole thing.  This has been on my list to watch for years (keep a list, it will help with all your obsessions).  Stanley Kubrick did a nice job with this Aurthur C. Clarke story.  This one is well worth watching.  But seriously, what the fuck is the ending all about?  I had some drinks watching this and got up to piss a few times.  I couldn't find the remote control so I didn't bother with pausing it.  Maybe I missed something but is Jupiter just one big embryo?  I might have to IMDB this one, I don't quite understand it.  Scratching my head, I rate this movie as "Watch This Shit, Homie".

3) Dog Day Afternoon (1975) - This is when people with balls made movies.  I have seen this a number of times.  I find acting pretentious and bad acting down right insulting.  This movie is neither.   It's about a bank robbery gone bad.  If you haven't seen this this you should remove your shoe and smack yourself on the head with it.  I rate this movie as "You Should Have Already Seen This".

4) Tell Them Who You Are (2005) - This movie is about Haskell Wexler.  Wexler was known for being a camera man with a bad attitude.  He also did some directing.  He was fired from the filming of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.  He comes across as a cranky old man.  His son made this movie and should listen to his fathers constant yacking at him about lighting and sound.  This does not come across as made by a pro.  Unless you are somehow related to Wexler I don't know why this would be interesting to anyone.  I rate this "Yawn".

5) Secret of NIMH (1982) - I used to catch this cartoon movie on television throughout my youth.  I found it terrifying, fascinating and down right awesome.  It appealed to me on so many level as a kid in the 80's.  It's not too long and moves quickly.  Go out and watch it if ya can.  I rate this "Watch This Shit, Homie".

6) Nashville (1975) - Very long movie satire about Nashville at the height of country music.  The big joke is summarized at the beginning of the movie when all there is a traffic jam due to an accident.  Everyone gets out of their vehicles only to realize they are all country stars or aspiring country stars.  That's all you really need to know about this movie.  I rate is a "Strong Meh".

7) Jeremiah Johnson (1972) - Great movie about a dude who goes out into the wilderness to become (I think) a fur trapper.  Staring Robert Redford.  He encounters friendly and hostile Indians, an eccentric bear hunter, a dude buried up to his head in sand and a dude frozen to a tree.  My only complaint is that there is too much talking in this movie.  That's a joke.  There is not much dialogue.  I rate this movie as "Watch this Shit, Homie." 

8) The Endless Summer (1966) - Perhaps my favorite documentary of all time.  This film follows two California surfers who chase summer, and the perfect wave, across the globe.  You don't have to be a surfer to enjoy this film.  I've never surfed in my life.  In fact the film appears to be aimed at people who don't surf.  This movie is hilarious.  You have got to stop reading this and go watch it.  I rate this as "You Should Have Already Seen This".

9) Land of the Lost (2009) - Will Ferrell has a few decent moments as he tends to do, but this movie was boring.  I got drunk and fell asleep writing in my man-diary to this movie.  Think it has something to do with dinosaurs. I rate this a "Strong Meh". 

10) Never Been Done (2004) - This is the story of pro skater Jon Comer.  It's an inspiring story of a young man who lost a foot as a kid but became a pro skater against all odds.  That's really all there is to tell you.  Comer has a good sense of humor and seems like a decent and humble hardworking fellow.  I rate this "Watch this Instead of the Mighty Ducks Next Time You're in the Mood for an Underdog Story".

Thanks for reading.  Billy Falls for Look Everyone I Wrote a Blog Productions.  2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment